Lewis Black concludes his very limited engagement Broadway show, Running on Empty, today. The comedian, well known for his biting humor and furiously funny rants, only did a handful of performances at the Richard Rodgers Theatre during a two-week period. Given his popularity and the limited number of performance, Lewis Black’s Running on Empty was a great Broadway success, selling out its seats.
Lewis Black actually began as a playwright in New York, before embarking on a career as a stand-up comedian. He is perhaps best known for his long-running and well-loved “Back in Black” segment on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show. He has also done some acting, voiceover, and commercial work, and regularly performs at venues around the country.
Although Lewis Black’s run on Broadway has come to an end, he is scheduled to perform Running on Empty at several other venues around the country. See Ticketmaster.com for more information on upcoming dates and locations.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Kenneth Lonergan’s “Lobby Hero” Concludes Run - May 18, 2018
- The 2018 Tony Nominations Have Been Announced! - May 2, 2018
- Broadway Industry Steady as Spring Season Settles - April 25, 2018
- “Farinelli and the King” Recoups Investment - April 19, 2018
- “Saint Joan” Begins Starring Condola Rashad - April 12, 2018