Lewis Black concludes his very limited engagement Broadway show, Running on Empty, today. The comedian, well known for his biting humor and furiously funny rants, only did a handful of performances at the Richard Rodgers Theatre during a two-week period. Given his popularity and the limited number of performance, Lewis Black’s Running on Empty was a great Broadway success, selling out its seats.
Lewis Black actually began as a playwright in New York, before embarking on a career as a stand-up comedian. He is perhaps best known for his long-running and well-loved “Back in Black” segment on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show. He has also done some acting, voiceover, and commercial work, and regularly performs at venues around the country.
Although Lewis Black’s run on Broadway has come to an end, he is scheduled to perform Running on Empty at several other venues around the country. See Ticketmaster.com for more information on upcoming dates and locations.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Front Page” and “Oh, Hello” Recoup - January 20, 2017
- “Jersey Boys” Ends Extraordinary Broadway Run - January 15, 2017
- Frozen and Harry Potter Head To Broadway - January 10, 2017
- “The Color Purple” and “Falsettos” Conclude - January 7, 2017
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Closes on New Year’s Eve - December 31, 2016