It has finally been confirmed that Tom Hanks will indeed be making his Broadway debut in the upcoming Broadway play, Lucky Guy. Written by the late Nora Ephron and directed by George C. Wolfe, Lucky Guy is a biographical drama about controversial newspaper columnist Mike McAlary. Hanks and Nora Ephron of course had a history of working together, with Hanks starring in the Ephron-penned films Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail.
Perhaps because of Tom Hanks’ generally busy movie schedule (his latest, Cloud Atlas, is opening soon), Lucky Guy is currently scheduled for what appear to be a very limited run. The play will begin preview performances at the Broadhurst Theatre on March 1 and open on April 1, but it is only selling tickets through May 19. However, if ticket sales are as good as one would expect for a Broadway turn by one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, it is always possible that the production could extend.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016
- “Disaster!” Begins Previews at the Nederlander Theatre - February 19, 2016