It has finally been confirmed that Tom Hanks will indeed be making his Broadway debut in the upcoming Broadway play, Lucky Guy. Written by the late Nora Ephron and directed by George C. Wolfe, Lucky Guy is a biographical drama about controversial newspaper columnist Mike McAlary. Hanks and Nora Ephron of course had a history of working together, with Hanks starring in the Ephron-penned films Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail.
Perhaps because of Tom Hanks’ generally busy movie schedule (his latest, Cloud Atlas, is opening soon), Lucky Guy is currently scheduled for what appear to be a very limited run. The play will begin preview performances at the Broadhurst Theatre on March 1 and open on April 1, but it is only selling tickets through May 19. However, if ticket sales are as good as one would expect for a Broadway turn by one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, it is always possible that the production could extend.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016