Broadway for Obama, a new organization created by brother-sister Broadway performers Andrew Keenan-Bolger (currently playing Crutchie in Newsies) and Celia Keenan-Bolger (playing Molly in Peter and the Starcatcher), presents “Broadway Gets Out the Vote,” a voter education event being held from 7-10pm on Sunday, October 14. Several members of the Broadway community are scheduled to participate, and the event is open to the public.
The main goal of “Broadway Gets Out the Vote” is to inform the theater community about issues at the heart of President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, and to get them excited about educating others. “The only way we’re going to win this election is by reaching out to people in swing states and showing our enthusiasm for President Obama,” said Celia Keenan-Bolger in a press statement.
Like many ‘get out the vote’ events, this one will start with an information session, telling people how they can get involved, followed by a phone drive. But unlike your average political event, this one will be attended by a number of Broadway stars. Max von Essen (Evita), Da’Vine Joy Randolph (Sister Act), Nick Adams (Priscilla Queen of the Desert), Nikki Rene Daniels (Porgy and Bess), and Kara Lindsay (Newsies) are among those currently scheduled to participate.
To join the event, which is being held at the Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre, you must RSVP at my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/gb734b.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen - Broadway Show Maven (see all)
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Dodger Theatricals’ Matilda Offers Discount Tickets At The TKTS Booth, But Nowhere Else - February 24, 2014
- Broadway Understudy Documentary Coming Soon to Theaters - February 17, 2014