Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS holds a number of benefits throughout the year, but now they are taking the year’s scariest tradition by storm with the first-ever Broadway Scares: Night of the Singing Dead extravaganza. The event will be presented by the cast of the hit Broadway revival Evita and will be held near Times Square at the XL Nightclub (512 W. 42nd Street) on Sunday, October 28.
Hosted by drag star Bianca del Rio, Broadway Scares will begin with a Halloween-themed concert that will feature several Evita cast members, Broadway stars, and a special appearance from the Tony Award winning star of Next To Normal, Alice Ripley. Following the concert, audience members will be invited to take part in a costume contest, judged in part by gossip blogger and Newsical The Musical star Perez Hilton. The fun will continue on late into the night with a ghoul-friendly dance party.
The Broadway Scares: Night of the Singing Dead benefit starts at 9pm (doors open at 8:30pm). Tickets for this spooktacular event are a bargain at just $40 for reserved seating, or $20 for general admission. Buy tickets by calling 212-840-0770 (ext. 268) or by visiting www.broadwaycares.org online.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017