Peter and the Starcatcher has announced that it will be closing on Broadway on January 20, 2013. The play with music, which is currently running at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, was nominated for a Best Play Tony Award. Though it didn’t win that honor, the production did win Tonys for Best Actor, Best Scenic Design, Best Costume Design, Best Lighting Design, and Best Sound Design.
Based on a book by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, Peter and the Starcatcher is the untold story of how the Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up became known as Peter Pan. In its original appearance Off-Broadway, the play gained a great deal of critical acclaim, leading to its Broadway transfer.
By waiting until January to close, Peter and the Starcatcher will have the opportunity to enjoy ticket sales during the lucrative holiday months around Thanksgiving and Christmas. A tour is expected to launch in August of 2013.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016