The Broadway League has re-launched the website TouringBroadway.com so that it now includes comprehensive tour routes, multimedia, and the use of Google Maps and social media (e.g. Twitter comments integrated into the homepage). The re-designed version of the site also offers direct access to the official ticket sellers for the theaters where Broadway tours are appearing, making it easier to purchase tickets for a touring production.
Almost as old as Broadway itself, Broadway touring productions have allowed theater lovers across the country see high-quality shows in (or near) their hometowns. Because not everyone has the opportunity to travel to New York City, Broadway tours serve an important function by introducing people to a lifelong love of theater and by sustaining that interest for decades to come. In any given year, these touring productions of Broadway shows visit up to 240 different cities in the United States and Canada.
TouringBroadway.com makes it easy for Broadway fans throughout North America to find out what touring Broadway shows are coming to a theater near them, to learn more about those shows, and to purchase tickets. Broadway League Executive Director Charlotte St. Martin said of the site, “Our ultimate goal is to provide a one-stop consumer site for show information and official ticketing links, combining Broadway and Touring Broadway in a central location and under a single site identity.”
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016
- “Disaster!” Begins Previews at the Nederlander Theatre - February 19, 2016