The 26th Annual Broadway Flea Market and Grand Auction is tomorrow, September 23, running from 10am to 7pm in Shubert Alley. Possibly the most beloved event on the Broadway calendar, the flea market is Broadway’s version of a garage sale, in which several Broadway shows and Broadway related organizations set up tables and sell everything from used props and costumes to baked goods made by cast members. The auction, a much pricier affair, involves the auctioning off of unique items and experiences (e.g. autographed memorabilia, the chance to have a walk-on in a Broadway musical). All proceeds go to the charity Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS (BC/EFA).
From 11am to 3pm, dozens of celebrities (primarily from the worlds of Broadway and television) will sit at the Autograph Table and Photo Booth, giving fans a chance to get signatures and photos with the stars in exchange for a donation to BC/EFA. Among the long list of participants are Bernadette Peters, Ed Asner, Tyne Daly, Bebe Neuwirth, Ari Graynor, Malcolm Gets, Michael Shannon, Harvey Fierstein, Anthony Rapp, Robert Cuccioli, Steve Kazee, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Will Swenson, Rob McClure, Charles Busch, Danny Burstein, Donna Murphy, Laura Osnes, Nick Adams, Judy Kaye, Mario Cantone, and Rebecca Luker.
Shubert Alley is located between West 44th and West 45th Street, between Broadway and 8th Avenue. For more information about the Broadway flea market, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016