Broadway bound Rebecca has been plagued by difficulties. The new musical, which is based on the Daphne du Maurier novel of the same name, was originally scheduled to debut during the 2011-2012 Broadway season, but had to postpone due to a failure to secure needed funds. As a result of the delay, the show lost its originally announced stars, Sierra Boggess and Tam Mutu.
Rebecca eventually overcame its financial troubles and was set to start rehearsals today with Jill Paice and Ryan Silverman in the lead roles. However, a new bump in the road has appeared due to the unfortunate death of a key investor.
Rebecca‘s producers have released a statement saying they are working tirelessly with the investor’s estate to ensure that the money will still be released to the production, but so far the issue has not been resolved. As a result, Rebecca is delaying its rehearsal and production schedule by two weeks.
As of right now, Rebecca is scheduled to begin rehearsals on September 24, but dates for previews and opening night have not been set.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Harvey Weinstein’s “Finding Neverland” Begins Previews - March 24, 2015
- Neil Patrick Harris to Host New NBC Variety Show - March 4, 2015
- Jon Stewart to Leave “The Daily Show” - February 18, 2015
- Sting Joins the Cast of “The Last Ship” - December 14, 2014
- Broadway Holiday Schedule Xmas 2014 - December 6, 2014