TKTS Booth Ticket Buying Tips
Tips for buying discount Broadway tickets at the TKTS half price ticket booth
Tips for Buying Tickets at The TKTS Tickets Booth
Here are a few things to keep in mind about buying your Broadway Tickets at the TKTS booths in New York City:
- Arrive at the TKTS booth soon as it opens (Or earlier) if you're looking for tickets to one of the more popular shows
The Times Square TKTS booths now accepts credit cards, but the other one do not - Make sure you stop at an ATM first only cash or traveler's checks are accepted at those.
- There is now a $4 per ticket surcharge at the booth
- As time goes on through the day, tickets are still available. So, at 7 or 7:30PM, you will be able to buy tickets with little or no wait in line. In fact, additional tickets often go on sale shortly before the start of a performance. However, you do run the risk of having a more limited choice at that point.
- If you get tickets at the last minute from the Times Square booth you can go straight from the TKTS stand to most Broadway theaters in under 5 minutes.
- Be aware that some shows -- particularly Off-Broadway shows and some music/dance events -- can be in more far-flung Manhattan locations, so ask where the venue is before you buy.
- If you plan to get tickets for a play (rather than a musical), go to the window at the Times Square TKTS booth that is specified as "Plays Only," so you'll want to get in line there to move through faster.
- The line you'll be waiting in is outdoors in the open air, so dress accordingly, rain or shine
- Beware the scalpers and street vendors at the ticket booth, they will try to sell you pretty much anything
- The best tip of all: Don't wait till you get to the city - buy your discount Broadway tickets in advance click here