TKTS Booth Ticket Buying Tips
Tips for buying discount Broadway tickets at the TKTS half price ticket booth
Tips For Buying Tickets At The TKTS Tickets Booth
Here are a few things to keep in mind about buying your Broadway Tickets at the TKTS booths in New York City.
- Arrive at the TKTS booth soon as it opens (Or earlier) if you're looking for tickets to one of the more popular shows
- The Times Square TKTS booths now accepts creadi cards, but the other one do not - Make sure you stop at an ATM first only cash or traveler's checks are accepted at those.
- There is now a $4 per ticket surcharge at the booth
- As time goes on through the day, tickets are still available. So, at 7 or 7:30PM, you will be able to buy tickets with little or no wait in line. In fact, additional tickets often go on sale shortly before the start of a performance. However, you do run the risk of having a more limited choice at that point.
- If you get tickets at the last minute from the Times Square booth you can go straight from the TKTS stand to most Broadway theaters in under 5 minutes.
- Be aware that some shows -- particularly Off-Broadway shows and some music/dance events -- can be in more far-flung Manhattan locations, so ask where the venue is before you buy.
- If you plan to get tickets for a play (rather than a musical), go to the window at the Times Square TKTS booth that is specified as "Plays Only," so you'll want to get in line there to move through faster.
- The line you'll be waiting in is outdoors in the open air, so dress accordingly, rain or shine
- Beware the scalpers and street vendors at the ticket booth, they will try to sell you pretty much anything
- The best tip of all: Dont wait till you get to the city - buy your discount Broadway tickets in advance click here